Top travel destination in India
India is a country known across the globe for its rich culture, variety of foods, religious values, traditions, wildlife centuries and many more. India has lots to offer as a tourist destination. If you love hills, snow and trekking you can visit north India, If you love sea food and beaches you can travel to Indian beach destinations in the south, if you love history, old building then central and western India is the area you must not forget to visits. On the other hand eastern part of India you can experience the nature at its best, visit various wildlife centuries and also see how some people of these area are still untouched from modern technologies and live the life as their ancestors used to thousands of years back by hunting and farming etc.
Now let me introduce you to top travel destination in India
1. Agra – This place is known across the globe for historical building which is also known as symbol of love. Yes we are talking about legendry Taj Mahal. Taj Mahal is not only included in wonders of world but it’s also in the list of UNESCO’s world heritage site. It’s a place every lover must visits one in his lifetime.
2. Jaipur – This place is better known as pink city. By visiting this city in the state of Rajasthan one can get a glimpse of the glorious past in India. One of the world’s top hotels and situated in Jaipur thus you can feel how popular this place is among global tourists.
3. Goa – Beaches of Goa are known globally and this is the place where both domestic and foreign tourists visit in bulk. In Goa you can enjoy lush green beaches, relaxed lifestyle, visit churches that have one of the best architecture.
4. Kashmir: Visit this hilly place in north India to know why Emperor Shah Jahan said these words “If there is heaven on earth it’s at Kashmir”. Jhelum valley, snow sports are the main attractions here.
5. Kanyakumari: Despite being the end point of India in the south, Kanyakumari is also the place surrounded by three oceans Bay of Bengal, the Indian Ocean, and the Arabian Sea. It’s the place in India where you can moon rise and sunset at the same time at the horizon
6. Kerala: Its featured as 10 paradises of world by one of the leading travel channel, in world “National Geographic Traveler”
7. Delhi – Delhi, the capital of India is known for its historical buildings, and areas of historical buildings.
8. Ajanta Ellora - Ajanta Ellora houses the ancient rock cut caves and monuments believed to be created during the first century BC & fifth century AD. These caves are in the list of world heritage sites of UNESCO since 1983
9. Darjeeling – One famous movie of Hollywood “The Darjeeling express” was shot and based on this city. You can experience natural beauty at its best here.
10. Mysore – This famous tourists destination of the sate Karnataka was once the home of great Tipu Sultan who fought bravely with the British during the time of Indian slavery. Mysore place and the 10 days dusshera festival is the main attractions of Mysore.
11. Munnar – In Munnar you can enjoy hills covered with tea plantations, paragliding, trekking and adventure sports. If you love trekking then the highest peak of south India Anaimudi is the the trekking route for you. Rajamalai (Eravikulam) National Park also offer one to experience wild life and know about more than 120 species of birds.
12. Kullu Manali: Kullu and Manali are one of the top tourists places in North India. Kullu Manali is located in the hilly state in North India called Himachal Pradesh. Himachal Pradesh is also known as dev bhoomi or Land of Gods since lots of pilgrimage places and temples are located here. Once can enjoy all kind of adventure sports like river rafting, heli-skiing, snowboarding, skaring etc, here. Kullu Manali is also one of the most preferred honeymoon destinations for people living in north or central India.
13. Udaipur: Udaipur is near to another top tourist destination Jaipur, thus if you are visiting Jaipur then don’t forget to visit Udaipur. Udaipur is also called Venice of the east and is famous for its luxurious hotels, lakes, Solar Observatory, Nehru Garden, city palace etc.
14. Dharamshala: Land where Dalai Lama stays, Dharamshala is known of monasteries and beauty of hills. In the summers you can enjoy your stay here and also enjoy few matches of IPL, a famous cricket tournament where various international cricket stars participate. Triund is famous for trekking here along with Bhagsu Nag temple and Bhagsu waterfall. There are lots of places to visit nearby as well like Kangra Valley, Palampur, Bir Billing (famous for paragliding)
15. Mout Abu – A small but famous hill station in Rajasthan. Mount Abu is the highest peak of Aravali hill range and is covered with forests all over. Climate is ultimate here and places of interest include Jain temples, Dilwara Temples, Achalgarh fort, Sunset point etc.
16. Amritsar: Amritsar in the cultural and economical capital of Indian state Punjab. Golden temple, Jallian wala Bagh are the most visited places along with the flag hosting ceremony at India-Pakistan border, which is a delight to watch.
17. Mahabaleshwar – Mahabaleshwar is famous for lush green forests, strawberries, mulberries and corn.
18. Shimla – Also known as queen of hills, Shimla takes you to the Victorian-era architecture. It is a nice place where you can enjoy long pedestrian mall, soothing climate and trekking. The famous Kalka – Shimla narrow guage train (also known as toy train) is added to UNESCOs list of world heritage sites. Recently one of the tallest sculptures in world of Indian god Hanuman was installed at Jhaku temple.
19. Varanasi: If you want to visit one of the oldest living cities, then Varanasi is the city to visit for you. Varanasi is also the holy city for all Hindus in the country and its believed that if one dies in this city he/she receives ultimate salvation. City is situated on the banks of holy river Ganga
Apart from above mentioned places, the cities mentioned below also attract lost of tourist (both domestic and international) so you can search online and plan a vacation for these places as well. You may also visit this blog later or browse other section for more information about these travel destinations.
5. Cape Comorin