Nandi Hills in Bangalore is one of the famous tourist destinations attracting tourists from abroad and the country. For the locals and people living around Bangalore, Nandi hills is a perfect weekend travel destination.
Place is around 60 km from Bangalore and is famous for ancient hill fortress that is perfect for weekend or a day trip holiday. However you can enjoy a more relaxed and entertaining holiday if you visit the place on weekdays as there’s less crowd. Also you will face less traffic to reach here on weekdays.
What Nandi Hills is famous for?
1. Bird watching
4. Four rivers originiate from the hills (Arkavathy, Penner, Palar and Ponnaiyar)
5. 1200 year old Nandi temple
6. Ancient Lord Shiva and Parvatit Mata temple
7. The Bhoga Nandeeshwara temple of the 9th century
8. Tipu’s Drop
9. Tipu Sultans Fort
10. Nehru Nilaya & Gandhi House – Both stayed here.